I’m going to spend the next month or so catching up on other projects and “life” stuff, so expect to see fewer posts on this blog. I usually spend 20-30 hours a week on the blog (not to mention all the other work I do) and I’ve neglected doing a lot of other stuff as a result. For example, my health card has been expired for six months. I still plan on writing here, but it’ll mostly be shorter articles that don’t take as long to write.
One of the things I want to get done is to scan some Expo 67 slides I found. I’ll share them here when they’re ready!
Things are a bit slow on eBay right now. This lull is common in the late summer according to the flipping experts at scavengerlife.com. Fortunately it’s prime time for yard sales, so I was able to make decent money regardless.
1. Yard sales: many small items for 575$. I made 305$ the first sale, 235$ the second, and someone I met at the sale came by and picked up some more stuff later for an extra 35$. I’m pretty happy with a 200$ yard sale, so I was pretty pumped to make 300$ in one day! I set up with a friend at a great spot in the Mile End and had a great time. I really need to another yard sale stock photo though – the one above is from a sale way back in April.
2. Ray Ban “Clubmaster” sunglasses: On eBay for 80$. I thought these looked pretty cool on me, but I needed the money more than a nice pair of shades. Found this May in Mount Royal but listed fairly recently.
3. Hillybilly Cookin’ cookbook: To a reader on eBay for 12$. I forget where I found this now…
4. Christian Lacroix keychain: On eBay for 30$. Found in Westmount a few months back.
5. Aynsley teacup and saucer: On eBay for 25$. Not too many of these left now! Found in Ville St-Laurent in October 2014.
6. Getco sterling feather pendant: On Etsy for 30$. Found in Westmount but not mentioned on the blog.
7. 1950s “Au lutin qui bouffe” menu: On eBay for 90$. This fetched a great price. I’m having great luck getting good money for unusual (and rare) pieces of ephemera. I thought this menu was particularly beautiful. Found January 2015 in Verdun.
Total: 812$, 13612.75$ since the new year began. A decent couple of weeks overall!