I was pretty broke for most of May. eBay sales were slow, and I wasn’t able to get a good yard sale in. Fortunately, the yard sale I had in the beginning of June allowed me to pay the bills.
I’m now thinking that my new garage is unnecessarily large, and that I would have been better off sticking with the old one. The 400$ a month is really adding to my expenses, which makes it hard to accumulate any kind of savings. I’m now looking either to downgrade, or to share the space with someone who needs to store their junk. We’ll see what happens.
Anyways, let’s get to the sales!
1. Cornell University New Student Record: On eBay for 25$.
2. Sandisk media player: On eBay for 40$.
3. Jewish National Fund coin bank: On eBay for 30$. This is headed to Israel. Found in Hampstead.
4. Krug promotional ballpoint pen: On eBay for 20$. This attractive pen was made to promote the Krug champagne company.
5. Leonore Doscow silver bracelet: On eBay for 30$. This thing took a long time to sell! I can’t even find a picture of it.
6. Creed sterling pendant: On eBay for 20$. Found in Rosemont.
7. Beats by Dre headphones, for repair: On eBay for 30$. Found in Hampstead.
8. Sansui G-3500 stereo receiver, for repair: On eBay for 80$. Sansui made some quality receivers back in the day. This one had its fair share of issues but was still in reasonably good cosmetic condition. In refurbished condition they sell for around 250$. Found on Cote St-Luc road in NDG.
9. Gold Star of David pendant: On eBay for 35$. The buyer asked for a return saying it was “too small.” The measurements and weight were right there in the listing but I offered her a 15$ discount anyways. I didn’t want to deal with a return, and at 35$ I still made more than I would have scrapping it.
10. Vintage US Paratroopers poster: On eBay for 25$. These things are selling slowly but surely.
11. Vintage medical lot: On eBay for 30$. I’m not sure what people do with this stuff but there’s a market for it.
12. Technidyne Hip Pocket Stereo, for repair: On eBay for 40$. People like their unusual walkmans. This one needed a new belt. Found in Cote St-Luc.
13. Bruce Springsteen 1980s tour shirt: On eBay for 75$. Found in the Plateau.
14. Vintage gold filled pocket knife: On eBay for 30$.
15. Weiss rhinestone necklace: On eBay for 45$.
16. Hermes perfume: On eBay for 50$.
17. Patek Philippe wristwatch tag: On eBay for 35$. I found this with the 18k gold watch buckle a few years back, but only decided to list it relatively recently. The tag wasn’t nearly as profitable, but it’s still decent money for a piece of plastic!
18. Vintage chrome spigots (4): On eBay for 45$. I’ve realized that there’s a pretty good market for architectural salvage.
19. Vintage dresser: On Kijiji for 80$. I finally got this listed after having it sit around in storage all winter. It didn’t take long to sell. Found in TMR.
Total: 765$, 9599.50$ so far in 2018. This was my worst month in some time, but June has already been better.
Otherwise, the warm weather has made me more adventurous in terms of my garbage routes. I had good luck on a Ville St Laurent heavy garbage day last Thursday, and ended up in Anjou on Friday (though there was no garbage). This week I’m thinking of checking out Montreal Nord and Laval, but if I feel lazy I’ll go somewhere closer.
1. Facebook page
2. My eBay listings, Sign up for eBay, Search for something you want / research something you have
3. Etsy store
4. Kijiji listings
5. Help me pay off student loan debt / Contribute to the blog
6. Follow me on Instagram