Silver Cross Pram

silver cross pram

I didn’t find much in NDG and Westmount, but while biking through the McGill Ghetto I noticed this old “Silver Cross” baby carriage (or pram, since it’s made in England) in an alley. I normally wouldn’t have been able to bring this home, but part of the reason I was in NDG was to meet a reader who offered to lend me his bike trailer.

IMG_1116

Thanks to John I was able to wheel this thing home. It smells a bit musty (I think it was being stored in a garage) but overall it’s in quite good shape. If anyone wants to buy it let me know.

While in NDG I also dropped off the slides from the other day to have them digitized. I found someone on Kijiji who gave me a good price and decided to pay rather than spend many hours (and dollars) figuring out how to do it myself. Hopefully the pictures end up being worth the price. I’m excited to see them regardless.

Tagged , , , , , , , , ,

16 thoughts on “Silver Cross Pram

1. I wish I could buy it. I don’t have room for it, but If I had a baby I would rather have that than a modern stroller. Safety be damned! I guess it’s a good thing I don’t have a baby.

2. syrbal says:

How that takes me back, I had a similar German pram for my children…it had a top like that, and then a bigger almost bassinette sized topper, too. Ah, the memories!

3. The loan of a bike trailer … great! Generous guy. 🙂

That’s a sweet, classically-styled pram. Looks a very smooth ride. A Cadillac among perambulators. The new ones are quite pricey, see http://www.johnlewis.com/silver-cross-balmoral-pram-navy-gloss/p231265081 & http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2285248/Aston-Martins-2-000-Silver-Cross-pram-new-way-A-list-babies-roll.html

Looking forward to seeing those pics when they’re done.

4. Trish says:

I can just envision a nanny in uniform pushing that pram. I have to tell you – this is one of the coolest blogs I have ever read. I look forward to it every day. Really admire what you are doing and it is fun to read about.

5. oooo my goooooood… it’s very classic!!! love that

6. Annette says:

Had one just like this, 40 years ago, for my oldest son. Would love to have this one for my lifesize artist baby dolls, but shipping out here to Sk. would probably cost a fortune. Lol.

• martng says:

Unfortunately yes, haha. It would cost at least 200$ through Greyhound I figure. Maybe you could track one down in Regina / Saskatoon

• Annette says:

Yes, I realize that. 😦 I sent my one to my sister in Ontario, from Alberta, and it cost over $300 then. Oh well, it’s not like it’s for a real baby, so I’ll just keep my eyes open for one closer to home. 😉
        I’m sure there’ll be a buyer for it there.

7. Pascale says:

!! What a pearl! By the way, I suggest you watch that movie: Mics Macs a Tire-L’arigot ( yeah, its in french and the name’s odd, haha, BUT the garbage recycling scenes are wonderful!)

8. ladyloafer says:

Wow. I have pram envy. And leeniedevinity is right- they are reaaaally expensive brand new.

9. Lau says:

How lovely, I look forward to see the photos too, please post them if you can!

10. Prams4me says:

By McGill — do you mean in Montreal? I’m in NB — I collect prams & would be happy to have this one shipped here, if you still have it. I am gutted to think someone left this to be thrown away, what a sin. 😦

• martng says:

Yup, unfortunately I sold it long ago. If I happen to find another I’ll definitely post it, however

• Prams4me says:

Okay – thanks, I sincerely appreciate it.

I think you do a wonderful thing — for those who could use these items & may not be able to pay full price, & for saving the landfill, all at the same time. I don’t know if it’s a lack of common sense or lazyness, as people should be calling anti-poverty organizations to donate this stuff to for those in need, instead of filling up the landfills with it (especially when it can still be used by someone, & someone would be so happy to have it). 😦

Take care. 🙂

11. Joely says:

What did you do with the pram?

Comments are closed.