eBay sales were relatively slow in April. Fortunately, the arrival of yard sale season helped make it profitable anyways.
1. Yard sale: 650$. My first sale of the season was a success! I basically brought all the (quality) junk I had stored in the basement to the street, and it wasn’t as big as some of my other sales. Still, it was a nice warm-up of sorts and a fun day overall.
2. Vintage market: 180$. This result was a bit of a disappointment, but I did learn a bit about pop-up shop selling. In the future I’ll try to sell with similar vendors (most other people had clothes, I was the only one with junk) and I’ll make sure there’s either no music or quiet music. The tunes were a bit loud, which made it harder for people to connect to my sometimes unusual wares… that’s my theory anyways.
3. Sharmark bead & sequin wrap: On eBay for 40$. Found in Cote St-Luc.
4. Silhouette eyeglasses: On eBay for 75$. I semi-regularly find lightly used Silhouette eyeglasses, which is good because they always sell for a nice price.
5. Vintage Startac cell phone: On eBay for 10$. I thought this would sell for more but I guess not. Fortunately the Microtac (featured later) was a bit more valuable. Found in Rosemont.
6. Ray Ban New Wayfarer sunglasses, prescription lenses: On eBay for 55$.
7. iPhones for parts: On eBay for 25$. These were all locked to iCloud, basically making them bricks usable only for a limited number of parts. The payoff was barely worth it considering how much time and energy I put into testing / wiping these, but it was a good learning experience I suppose.
8. Vintage Rio de Janeiro butterfly serving tray: On eBay for 70$. This sold quickly for a nice price! Found on St Urbain in the Mile End.
9. Vintage palladium ring: On eBay for 200$. This was the nicest of the three rings I recently found stored inside an old pill bottle.
10. Silver compact: On eBay for 60$. I’m surprised this compact took so long to sell, it was a very nice piece. I found it on Van Horne in Cote-des-Neiges a few years back.
11. Lise Watier Capteur des reves: On eBay for 50$. This scent seems to be pretty uncommon – I didn’t find any others on eBay. Not all rare things are desirable, but based on what I read on Fragrantica the people who tried it liked it and wanted more. It sold relatively quickly for a good price. Found in Hampstead.
12. Silhouette Titan rimless sunglasses: On eBay for 75$.
13. Verifone credit card terminal: On eBay for 50$. I’m glad this is finally gone! It sat around taking up space for way too long.
14. Chinese export silver bracelet: On eBay for 500$. This was the most valuable antique Chinese piece from that collection I found last fall.
15. Sony Walkman: On eBay for 40$. This Walkman was unusual in that it had two different headphone jacks.
16. Little Mouse Factory figurines: On eBay for 30$.
17. Girard Perregaux watch box: On eBay for 40$.
18. Christian Dior Pure Poison: On eBay for 80$.
19. Vintage cat-eye sunglasses: On eBay for 30$.
20. Mexican silver pins: On eBay for 25$.
21. Motorola Microtac cell phone: On eBay for 60$. Pretty old school! It also came with a charging dock.
22. Miniature vintage Diorissimo: On eBay for 22$. I’m surprised I haven’t sold more of these. The customer was very happy with their purchase though.
23. Basf cassette recorder: On eBay for 60$. This came with its original box.
24. Rolf handcrafted spectacles: On eBay for 100$.
Total: 2527$, 8834.50$ so far in 2018.