This wasn’t a particularly good period for sales, but it wasn’t particularly bad either. I’ll need to have productive holiday season to reach my goal of 24k for the year but I still feel like it’s very much within reach.
1. Vintage copper junk box: On eBay for 32$. This had the Chilean coat of arms on the top. Found a while back in TMR.
2. Apple keyboard: On eBay for 75$. This ended up selling for a pretty good price. I was thinking it’d be a 30-40$ item when I picked it up, so 75$ was a pleasant surprise. This specific model was very thin and had two USB jacks. Found in the lower Plateau.
3. HOG patch: On eBay for 7$. I don’t usually sell things for single digit profits on eBay, but I’ll consider doing so if the item is something I can easily throw into an envelope without worrying about packing. A patch is the perfect example of that. Found on Victoria Avenue in CDN a month or so ago.
4. Anime DVDs: On eBay for 45$. Not much remains of that huge collection I found last year.
5. Vintage Max Sievert camp stove part: On eBay for 50$. This is one of those things that sold within a day of my listing it, making me wonder if I should have asked for more. Oh well! Found on Oxford in NDG.
6. Persol sunglasses: On eBay for 46$. A nice old guy gave me a box of sunglasses while I was looking through his trash and these collapsible Persols were among them. One of the lenses was cracked but they were in good condition otherwise.
7. Zoom Handy Recorder: On eBay for 35$. It might have gone for more, but the battery door broke while I was testing it. The device still works fine but the buyer will have to tape the door in place. Found just a couple short blocks away from my home in the Mile End.
8. Yves Rocher “Fleur de Noel”: On eBay for 40$. For whatever reason I can’t seem to find a picture of this anywhere in my records. I thought I found it in Villeray, but I’m even starting to doubt that now. Regardless, it’s another perfume that sold on eBay.
9. Vintage GP Barbudo eyeglass frames: On eBay for 25$. These were listed on eBay for a long time before finally selling last week.
10. Mattel Hot Wheels tracks: On eBay for 35$. This was part of a toy car collection I found in Montreal West.
11. Yard sale: 330$. My last sale actually went pretty well, partly thanks to a sandwich board I had found earlier that week. Who would have thought that proper signage would increase foot traffic? Thanks to my mom for the pic!
12. iPod Touch: To a friend for 35$. Found in the lower Plateau.
13. iPad: On Kijiji for 50$. Cue my iPad stock photo. I found this specific device charged very slowly so I asked for a little less than I normally do. Found in the Mile End.
14. TI-84+ calculator: On Kijiji for 50$. This was one of my McGill Ghetto move-out day finds. I forgot to include it in that post, however.
15. Highlander 1969 Yearbook: On eBay for 40$. I only recently realized that I could make decent money selling old yearbooks. It’s always good to find another stream of income! In the last few months I’ve sold two for 80$, which is certainly better than nothing on both counts. This one came from Montreal’s Malcolm Campbell High School. Found this spring in Cote St-Luc.
16. Juliette Has A Gun: On eBay for 60$. Another McGill Ghetto find.
17. Pierre Cardin electronic lighter: On eBay for 36$. I have no idea how one would test an electronic lighter so I just sold it “as is”. It had a weird UFO-like design. Found late March in Hampstead.
18. Vintage bone bracelet: On Etsy for 15$. I’d had this for years and am happy that it’s finally gone.
19. Vintage 1930s Heinz soup sign: On eBay for 270$. My biggest single sale in a while! This would have been part of an old Heinz electric soup kitchen machine. I presume it will end up being a decoration of sorts. Found this February in Montreal West.
Total: 1276$, 17824$ since the new year.