Online sales have continued to pick up as the holiday season approaches and the cold weather sets in. Unlike last time there were no big-ticket sales (nothing sold for over 100$) but the smaller profits still added up to a respectable total. I plan on spending the next few weeks listing as much as possible for the Christmas rush, and I’m optimistic about reaching my goal of 20k for the year.
1. 8mm projector: On Kijiji for 40$. Found a few weeks ago in TMR.
2. Wood chandelier: On Kijiji for 100$. I really liked this chandelier. I might have kept it myself if I was a homeowner, but as a renter it doesn’t make much sense to get too involved in home renovation. Found early September in TMR.
3. Broken 50″ Plasma HDTV: On Kijiji for 60$. Found two weeks ago in TMR.
4. Perfumes: To a reader for 18$. Included a half bottle of Chanel #5 for 15$ (Hampstead), and a nearly empty vintage bottle of Guerlain Mitsouko for 3$ (Golden Square Mile).
5. Sankyo wind-up musical keychain: On eBay for 33$. Found this summer in Westmount.
6. Ray-ban aviators: On eBay for 40$. The lenses weren’t pristine, but they were in good enough shape to net me some cash.
7. Gold plated Montblanc pen: On eBay for 70$. Found May 2015 in TMR, but just recently listed. A quick seller! There was a bit of damage to the plating, otherwise it would have went for much more.
8. 1950s restaurant menu (Cascade Lodge in Saco Maine): On eBay for 12$. Found late January in Verdun.
9. Vintage brass adjustable book holder: On eBay for 90$. I would have love to have kept this (I’ve been using it in the interim) but I’m not rich enough to turn down 90$. Found March 2015 in TMR.
10. Chalkware barmitzvah cake topper: On eBay for 23$. I was wondering if this would ever sell. Found May 2014 in Snowdon.
11. Moschino sunglasses: On eBay for 48$. One of many nice pairs of sunglasses I found in Westmount back in May.
13. Lot of WWII-era felt patches: On eBay for 50$. Found in March at that same spot in NDG.
Total: 634$, 17072.25$ since the new year began.