The strong sales continued, this time bolstered by a successful yard sale. Otherwise, I’ve been feeling a little burnt out and unmotivated so I’m trying to take it easy. I realize I need to figure out a better plan for organizing my junk and a better setup for taking photos. These are things that regularly stress me out and would be easy enough to fix. For instance, acquiring a light box for photography would make my life a whole lot easier! Right now I take all my photos outside, which is effective but unreliable because the weather (especially wind, rain, and the level of sunlight) makes it a real hassle sometimes. Thinking about it now it just seems silly that I don’t have a real photography setup.
It’s been relatively quiet on the garbage front lately, but I have made some great finds (including some ridiculous stuff in the McGill Ghetto during move-out day) that I hope to share with you in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!
1. Yard sale: 310$. As described in my last post. It was a beautiful day and I managed to unload a lot of stuff, so I really couldn’t ask for more.
2. Hemmi Bamboo slide rule: On eBay for 80$. There’s some money to be made in old slide rules! Found a little over a month ago in Cote St-Luc.
3. Arcadia of my Youth DVD: On eBay for 55$. Another anime DVD from that collection I found last fall in the Plateau.
4. Golden Dior luminizing makeup jewel: On eBay for 20$. Found this January in TMR.
5. Sirius Sportster Satellite Radio: On eBay for 40$. Found last year in Montreal West.
6. Lot of 1960s / 1970s Private Eye (British satire) magazines: On eBay for 40$. Found last fall in the Golden Square Mile.
7. Very Canadian sterling silver bracelet: On eBay for 50$. Found September 2014 in Outremont.
8. Michael Kors perfume: On eBay for 30$. I think I found this on Cote St-Luc road in NDG.
9. Sterling silver cigarette holder (with ejector): On eBay for 60$. Found last fall in the Golden Square Mile.
10. Paolo Soleri bronze bell: On eBay for 90$. This sold quickly! Found a couple months ago in Montreal West, but just listed last week.
11. Silver earrings: On Etsy for 20$. Found in the Plateau back in the day.
12. Silver ring: On Etsy for 35$. Also found in the Plateau back in the day.
13. Harper’s Bazaar magazine – December 1955: To a reader for 50$. This came from an old magazine collection I have yet to mention on the blog. This issue is worth more than most because it featured some drawings by Andy Warhol. Found last week in Westmount.
14. Magazine / ephemera lot: To a friend for 40$. I recently met someone who does collage art, and we’ve worked out a deal where she buys old magazines and other paper items from me. She doesn’t need the items to be in perfect condition, so this sale included the magazines with ripped covers from the collection mentioned above. It’s pretty easy money for me, and a good deal for her as well.
Total: 920$, 9833$ since the new year.
Email: email@example.com. I often fall behind on emails, so I apologize in advance if it takes me a long time to get back to you.