I’ve listed a lot of new stuff in the past few weeks, some of which sold very quickly. Below is an account of my sales from the two week period beginning August 3 and ending August 16. The vast majority of these items came from very well-to-do neighbourhoods.
1. Big DVD collection: Sold on Kijiji for 180$. This was a lot easier than I expected and I was very happy to be able to unload them all at once. I’m sure I could have gotten more money selling them on eBay but by selling locally I saved myself a bunch of work and stress. Found not long ago in Mount Royal.
2. iPod Nano: Sold on Kijiji for 50$. Found in Westmount May 2015.
3. Binoculars: Sold to a reader for 10$. Found May 2015 in Mount Royal.
4. Yard sale: Many small items for 198.75$. I just missed the 200$ mark but I’m happy with the total. I plan on doing another sale this weekend; it’s supposed to be quite nice out.
5. Mexican silver cufflinks: On Etsy for 35$. Found nearly two months ago in Westmount.
6. Busted Samsung laptop (for parts or repair): On eBay for 70$. This sold within a few days of being listed. I love it when that happens! Found late June in Westmount. Positive feedback already received.
7. Polaroid film (expired 1983): On eBay for 60$. Another quick sale! Found a few weeks ago in Mount Royal.
8. Metzler Germany Zeiss Umbramatic sunglasses: On eBay for 100$. Found mid April in Hampstead. Positive feedback already received.
9. Welch Allyn diagnostic set: On eBay for 65$. These were medical diagnostic tools of some kind. I wasn’t able to test them but they still sold for a nice price. Found a few months ago in Westmount.
10. Chanel sunglasses: On eBay for 150$. A nice sale! These were in great condition. Also found a few months ago in Westmount.
11. Sterling Silver WWII US Navy ID bracelet: On eBay for 100$. This was a great piece, one I would have kept myself if I was richer. The sale was a bit weird, as about five days after I shipped the item eBay sent me an email telling me not to ship because the buyers account no longer existed. Well, it was too late for that! I didn’t get a tracking number so there’s no way to prove I sent it if he tries to scam me, though the fact that the guy’s account is likely suspended makes it difficult to impossible for him to complain to eBay. Anyways, I hope it all works out, and the experience has taught me to get tracking numbers more often going forward. Found nearly a year ago in St Henri.
12. Small change: Converted to a more portable 34.83$. The person who guessed 40$ was closest! I also traded three American dollar bills for 3.80$.
Total: 1048.25$, 12800.75$ since the new year began. This was one of my best two-week periods in a while. It definitely helps having more things listed on eBay. I’ve been using Kijiji more often lately, and will likely continue to do so for items with general appeal or that are annoying to ship.
As usual some of these prices are negotiable, particularly if you live in Montreal and are able to come and pick it up.
1. Vintage die-cast Lesney Ford Anglia toy car
2. Vintage Sony F1 Walkman
3. Signed Marcel Marceau 1973 Program
4. Birks 1967 Centennial Catalogue
5. House Beautiful “Discover Shibui” August 1960
6. Michele Richard Expo 67 Theme Song
7. Canadian Armed Forces Tattoo – Expo 67 Program
8. Expo 67 Restaurant Program
9. Soviet Union Today Expo 67 Magazine
10. Championats D'Europe Monaco 1947 Swimming Program
11. Vintage Die-Cast Volkswagen Caravette Lesney Toy Car
12. Rare 1950s Montreal Restaurant Menu – Au Lutin Qui Bouffe
13. Vintage 35″ Johnny Bench Louisville Slugger, Hillerich and Bradsby
14. United Colors of Benetton sterling silver cross pendant
15. Rare Birks sterling silver tea strainer
16. Georg Jensen card file organizer
17. Vintage 1980s calculator: Sharp EL-509a
18. Ray Ban Clubmaster sunglasses (Sold! Will appear on my next sales post).
The links below don’t open a new tab when you click on then, so if you want to stay on this page just do a right click and choose “open link in new tab.”
19. Getco silver feather pendant (Etsy)
20. Mexican silver bookmark (Etsy)
21. Mexican silver orchid brooch (Etsy)
22. Silver eternal knot pendant (Etsy)
23. 10k gold tri-coloured heart pendant (Etsy)
24. 4 Vintage Henselite Lawn Bowling Balls and carrying case (Kijiji)
25. Voigtlander Perkeo slide projector with portable case (Kijiji)
26. 1940s-50s Royal Futura 800 manual typewriter with case (Kijiji)
7 thoughts on “Recent sales (August 3 – August 16)”
Zowie! Great sales.
Sure hope that WWII US Navy ID bracelet sale goes through to completion without a hitch.
So far so good…
Impressed, as usual. Love the Chanel sunglasses.
Wow! So many sales! That DVD lot is huge!
The lady on your lamp in the previous post was definitely made by Paragon, but someone came along later and turned her into a lamp. Americans seem to do that A LOT with Staffordshire figures, you never see it this side of the pond.
Interesting, thanks for the info!
Sorry – the same Paragon who made your cups and saucers I mean. 🙂
Comments are closed.