1. Myott china set: To a reader for 80$. This is one of things I really didn’t want to move. I’m glad to see them go to a good home! In addition to the plates and bowls there were also five mugs, a creamer, and a gravy boat. I found these early October in Ville St Laurent, on what turned out to be a very profitable day.
2. Miscellaneous WWII items: To a reader for 20$. The main piece was this old Certificate of Honour that was given out for buying bonds during WWII. Found back in December in Cote St-Luc.
3. PQ election sign / folk art mural: On eBay for 130$. A couple people emailed me best offers, one of which I ended up accepting. Again, I didn’t really want to have to move it. I’m quite happy with the profit. It’s a great piece of history. It was found in the Plateau back in April after a tip from a reader.
4. Weston Model 280 Volt-Ammeter: On eBay for 50$. I sold this as industrial decor after seeing someone else list a similar piece as such. Found in Ville St Laurent the same night as the china set.
5. Fidji by Guy Laroche: On eBay for 75$. Another nice perfume sale. Found in Cote St Luc in March.
6. Anysley tea cup and saucer: On eBay for 50$. One down, five more to go! Found (once again) that night in Ville St Laurent.
7. Broken 80gb Zune: On eBay for 45$. I bought a cable in hopes that it would work, but it didn’t seem to want to charge. Oh well! The cable only cost a few dollars and I was still able to sell it for some decent cash. Found around a month ago in Mount Royal.
8. SAFCO Mercury TN102 low speed handpiece: On eBay for 74$. This is some kind of dental tool. Found mid-January in Verdun.
9. Vintage EIG Cutlery Solingen Hunting Knife: On eBay for 30$. The hoof handle had fallen off when I found it but I was able to glue it back on. I ended up talking to the guy who threw it out and he told me that his mom gave it to him as a gift back in the 50s. Found April 2014 in Mount Royal.
10. Original Hindenburg disaster newspaper: On eBay for 35$. This was a really cool find. I accepted a best offer so as to get this out the door before my move. Found August 2014 in Mount Royal.
11. Yard sale: many different items for 195.50. A fairly profitable sale despite below-average foot traffic. I blame this on nearby St Laurent being temporarily converted to a pedestrian-only road for various festivals. I hope to do another one this weekend.
Total: 784.50$, 9832.50$ since the new year began. A pretty typical total at this point in my career. Average that amount over the full year and I make a bit over 20k, a pretty good total for just selling garbage!
1. Imco’s Pipe Companion (pipe smoking tool)
2. Vintage tartanware penknife
3. British Trampoline Association patch
4. Vintage / antique 935 silver enameled compact
5. Christian Dior "Diorella" sunglasses (for repair)
6. Christian Lacroix keychain
7. Vintage Alan Stuart designer toothbrush