Like so many other Montrealers, I will be moving for July 1!
I’ve been at my current place in the Mile End for over a year and a half. I’ve had a great time here but it’s time to move on. It’s a busy space, and it’s hard for me to maintain a consistent schedule and adequate personal space while being here. Those are things I need at this point in my life considering the amount of work I need to put into my various personal projects. Still, it’s a beautiful place filled with great people and I’m sure I’ll be back to visit.
My new place (which I will share with two room-mates) is near Laurier park on a calm residential street. It has a front yard, back yard, and a shed that I am excited to fill with my junk. I get a nice double room with a closet. It’s a bit more expensive, but I’ve been making more money recently so I think I can afford it.
So much of what I find is due to people moving. They have too much and can’t deal with it so they just put it to the curb. I’m sure I have a few things I’ll toss (including a pair of pants that I think have served their duty) but I won’t be wasting much, at least by 21st century standards.
However, I definitely want to bring as little with me as possible. Here’s a few things I hope to sell before I go. I’ll give good deals, especially to local buyers (who won’t have to pay shipping). Let me know if you’re interested! You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me through Facebook, eBay, or Etsy.
1. Chalkware crucifix (circa 1930). I found this in Verdun last year. It’s a great example of early 1900s Catholic art. It’s also somewhat terrifying. It has a few knicks but is in very good condition considering its age. I haven’t been particularly proactive in trying to sell it, which is partly why it’s still around. I’d like to get 20$ for it, but would definitely consider other offers as moving day approaches. However, I only want to sell this locally because of its fragile nature and size (nearly 2′ tall!).
2. Aynsley and Paragon tea cups. I found a few boxes full of these in Ville St Laurent last October. Most of these are long gone but some remain
3. 42 piece Myott China dish set. I found this with the boxes of teacups. I put it on Craigslist for 150$ but no one’s come to buy it yet. Consult the listing for more photos and condition details. It’s in nice condition overall. I would be very happy not to have to move it. Make me an offer! Again, I only want to sell this locally because of the hassle and cost involved it shipping it out.
4. Old law books. These also came from Ville St Laurent. I currently have these listed on eBay for 55$ each (including free shipping) but they haven’t received much interest. Make me an offer if you’d like to add them to your collection. They’re thick and heavy so unfortunately shipping will be somewhat expensive.
5. Anything I currently have listed on eBay